Sunday 21 April 2013

roundup...

I am aware I have been a bit too busy to post anything much at all this year and it is nearing the end of April - where has the year gone?! The cold weather has made it seem like eternal winter and so I feel I missed the whole of March indoors, crocheting!

To make up for the lack of posting here, I thought I would share a few pictures of some of the exciting things I have been doing so far this year - regular viewing will commence shortly.
I have directed and styled quite a few fab shoots, with the wonderful Britt Spring, the pic above is from the last, with a stunning piece by Kat Goldin.
 Crochet, crochet and more crochet! For the magazine, and for a couple of new projects. This is my favourite blanket project of the lot.

 I managed to catch the Wool exhibition, Wool House at Somerset House in March. It was in collaboration with the Campaign for Wool. This was particularly exciting for me as I finally got to see a crocheted sculpture or 'Crochetdermy' by Shauna Richardson, which didn't disappoint - it was amazing!
I also taught a couple of classes at City Lit  and the experimental class in particular was great fun. I met a bunch of very creative women, one who upcycles old brollies into fab bags and another who is an amazing spinner. All in all a great year so far...

1 comment:

paulineknit said...

Glad you are still creating as well as working and looking at the beautiful work other people have done. Your throw is beautiful. I love the way the colours work together. Hope you are well.