Sunday 8 March 2009

a very Wellcome Collection


'Twas a loverly bright spring day yesterday, so I decided to go for a walk and ended up trekking halfway across town, finally finding myself at one of my favourite places, the Wellcome Collection. It is in between exhibits, but I wandered around the permanent displays of Medicine Man and Medicine Now, both of which I would recommend if you are in London town. I really loved the good luck ammulets from the world wars and the backlit coloured glass jars in Medicine Man and this gorgeous piece by Andrea Duncan, 23 pairs, in Medicine Now. It is a play on the pairs of human Chromosomes represented in baby socks. Sweet, interesting, beautiful. I also saw some young ladies knitting in the cafe, so it obviously attracts other like minded folk too!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Medicine also inspired this ....
http://hookandscumble.blogspot.com/search/label/Crocheted%20Anatomy..enjoy !

claire montgomerie said...

fab! thanks, love the blog.