Saturday 29 March 2008

lucky pink rabbit




It is always a pleasure to receive a new issue of Selvedge magazine through the post and browse slowly through its luscious pages. I think I have all the back issues now and just love to drink in the imagery. This week the belated issue 22 brought with it an extra lovely surprise. The article on the artist Julie Arkell (who is lovely herself) opened with a view of her staircase and proudly standing on the top step is a Monty Rabbit! Julie loves rabbits (as you may well have guessed if you have read the article, seen her work or met her!) and soon after loop opened, saw my bunny in the window display and commissioned a Monty rabbit in pink, her favourite colour. She had told me she placed it on her staircase, but I had not had the pleasure to see it in-situ amongst her eclectic collections, dolls and art pieces. What a pleasure, am glad to see that my little toy has found a cosy home with lots of friends.


1 comment:

dragonfly said...

Hi Claire
We met yesterday in Loop! I was the one in the middle of making Syd Rabbit! He's coming on great, so no doubt I can send you a photo soon.
I'm glad to see you've got a blog -I'm addicted to blogging now, stop by if you get a chance...